I am so thankful to be able to continue to be somewhat active with my MS so far, I was very weak and exhausted for a number of months, but I am slowly rehabilitating myself back to a level that keeps me active and fit. So I am going to share with you today my current workout routine that I have been doing for 4 weeks now. I am not a personal trainer, this is what works for me and I want to share it, you will have to learn what works for yourself (also if my wording is incorrect, forgive me, I was never a gym person until a month ago!)
On Tuesdays and Thursdays I go to an MS strength training class where I had an instructor plan out a routine for me to start with, I repeat it on Saturday and then in between those days I either rest, or do an at home routine. Due to my MS being very unpredictable, I sometimes leave out one or two activities and use lower weights. I have to work with what my body will allow me that day!
MY STRENGTH TRAINING ROUTINE :
- 5 minutes of warm up stretches.
- 15-20 minutes of the Bike or a Row Machine.
- Crunches, 3 sets of 15.
- Squats , 2 sets of 12.
- Reverse Lunges , 2 sets of 12.
- Overhead Press , 15lbs 3 sets of 12.
- Chest Press, 20lbs 3 sets of 12.
- Lat Pull, 20lbs 3 sets of 12.
- Wood Chop (squats) UP and DOWN, 25lbs 2 sets each (L to R, R to L) of 12.
- Dumbbell exercise (Lateral Raise), 5lbs each hand, 2 sets of 10.
- 5 minutes of cool down stretches.
MY OFF DAY ROUTINE :
- 5 minute warm up stretching.
- Squats, 2 sets of 12.
- Reverse Lunges, 2 sets of 12.
- Deadlift, 2 sets of 12.
- Donkey Kick, (L and R) 2 sets each of 12.
- Hip Bridge, 2 sets of 12.
- Side Leg Lift, (L and R) 2 sets each of 12.
- Hamstring Curls, 2 sets of 12.
- Quad Lifts, 2 Sets of 12.
- Crunches, 2, sets of 12.
- Cool down stretching.
Again, I focus mostly on the Strength Training Routine as I want to build up muscle that was lost in the last 6 months. From the cocktail of medications I've been on, I have gained 10 pounds. I don't want to necessarily lose it, just tone and turn it into muscle. I am not a gym person, I have been trying hard to stay motivated. What have you done to keep the motivation of going to the gym? Also what good workout music do you like to listen to? Let me know in the comment section below!